Apeks DS4 1st Stage Regulator
This compact first stage is a time-proven workhorse that has been embraced by the technical community around the world.
- This compact first stage has four medium-pressure ports and one high-pressure port.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician
- This model is available with a DIN connection only.
- Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
- Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
- Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- DS4 first stage – no rotating turret.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
A Clamp, DIN